watching the voice is so painful for me because i get protective over some of them and when some of my favorites get eliminated, i remember that these aren’t characters but real people who are using this as their second change and like ‘ow. the feels. they hurt’ i just want my babies to be successful, ya know?’
Beauty is in how we see ourselves, not how others see us. We have to love and accept ourselves before anyone else truly will.
- Watching The Voice and Michelle Chamuel moves on to next week and I was thrilled.
- Me: I'm so happy! I love her.
- My Mom: ugh! I don't like her.
- Me: How can you not like her? She is awesome.
- My Aunt: She needs new glasses because those glasses make her nose look long and weird.
- My Mom: She needs a hair cut and some color put in her hair and some make up on. Then she would look better.
- Me: Well I like her just the way she is.
- My Mom: Really?!
- Me: Yes. She is amazing and she finally found herself and she loves herself the way she is. The week she sang True Colors was incredible.
- My Aunt: Yes it was, but she could really use new glasses.
- Me: She found her true self and finally liked what she saw.
- My Aunt: But if she liked herself on the inside why not change the outside to look better?
- My Mom: Yeah a make over wouldn't be a bad idea.
- My Aunt: Very true.
- Me: Really?! I like her the way she is. She doesn't have to change to get people to like her. She is finally comfortable in her own skin and that is what makes me like her even more. She doesn't try to be someone she is not. She is happy with herself. Look at Philip Philips from AI he is the same as he was when auditioned for it. He didn't change. Neither has Michelle. She likes herself the way she is. Some people tend to put an emphases on looks. Look at Clay Aiken. He changed dramatically from his audition. But Michelle is staying the same.
- My Mom: Yes Clay Aiken did change a lot. She could do the same.
- My Aunt: She just really needs new glasses and you are right about Clay.
- Then we had to leave. I was so angry. My family doesn't get that it isn't about looks. Michelle has a great voice. She is comfortable in her own skin. True Colors wasn't about changing the just the way she felt on the inside. It was about her accepting the way she was on the outside and embracing it. She was finally allowing her true colors to shine. She proved it doesn't matter what you look like. Anything can happen. Plus I think she is pretty because she allows her inside to shine outwards and that truly is what makes a person pretty. Looks are not everything. Attitude, personality, self confidence, and showing your heart have a lot to do with if you are pretty or not. The prettiest person can have the ugliest heart and they are no count at all. The ugliest person have the prettiest heart and they become beautiful Looks honestly are not as important as this freakin society we live in makes them out to be. UGH!